After a long week of being here, there and everywhere both physically and emotionally, I’ve taken this long weekend to focus on balancing out the mind, body and soul.
Yesterday morning I felt exhausted, achy and not in the right state to leave the flat and ended up cancelling a class. But knowing there are ways to get self-motivated, I set targets to get outside and go to the gym, I worked on the following;
- Clean up the flat to create clear and organised environment to be in.
- Do all of this whilst listening to music, jazz is always a win. Keeping it calm and soothing.
- Put on the diffuser using root chakra blend* to feel grounded again. As the bottle describes, the root chakra connect us with the physical body and surroundings and promotes the feeling of stability and security. Affirms that after wanting to drink in more after the initial sniff of the bottle.
- Have a berry smoothie with maca, seeds and cocoa to fuel the body and get the endorphins kicking in.
- Go to the gym.
- Catch up with a friend later.
- Cook a hearty meal.
* Root chakra blend is a mix of patchouli, lavender, sweet orange, atlas sandlewood, black pepper and vertiveria.
On the way back from the gym, I came across a post from Thoughts Life Blog called Motivation, Intention, Persepctive – who also noted similar steps and other areas that are great to focus on. Would highly recommend checking it out.
It’s said if you do the same actions 30 days in a row, it becomes a habit. So far the gym has become one, hard at first but now I’m looking forward to going to reach set goals. The body is feeling more balanced each day.
An ongoing project is the mind. A greater project that has come a long way in the last 15 years but always a work in progress and I’m happy with that, knowing there’ll never be a dull moment.